CH Internship Program
CH Financial Ltd. is passionate about education and keen to support our students and economy by offering a paid internship program to one qualified candidate each summer (July – August). The current opportunity will be on a part-time basis, but this will expand as the program grows.
What we are looking:
- Keen to learn
- Attention to detail
- Client service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Oral and written communications skills
- Dependability and reliability
We are currently accepting applications for 2022 so if this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by filling out the form at the bottom of the page.
As the successful candidate, you can expect the following:
- Scheduled mentor conversations about things like how we build investment portfolios, and how an advisor’s career typically progresses
- Learning how to create and update proprietary client investment statements
- Experience keeping a world-class CRM up-to-date
- Assisting with the process of client onboarding
- A phone call with one of our fund managers and our CIO to deep-dive into one of our core investment holdings
- The ability to sit in and observe a few client meetings
- Attendance to all team meetings including our bi-weekly Team Huddles!
- Assisting with our ongoing project of digitization
- Participation in at least one team-building event
- The opportunity to work with and support a dynamic and fun wealth management team!
Our 2021 Intern
Zsolt Czentye is currently a third-year student at Mount Royal University. By next spring he will have completed a Bachelor of Business Administration degree majoring in financial services. In addition to his studies at school, Zsolt is enrolled in the Canadian Securities Course. As the newest member of the team, Zsolt is in the process of completing an internship with CH Financial. He is looking forward to applying his classroom knowledge in the real world. He is passionate about starting a career in Finance and excited to acquire experience with an industry leader. Zsolt has spent most of his life playing competitive sports and still prioritizes much of his time to an active lifestyle. He also regularly volunteers at the JLYS Centre for Families.
The two months I spent as an intern at CH Financial not only gave me a profound understanding of the financial services industry, but also the opportunity to build my confidence in the professional world. In my short time here, I have gained insight on how investment portfolios are constructed as well as the importance of understanding each client’s objective. I thoroughly enjoyed observing client meetings where I learned the value of creating meaningful and long-lasting relationships. At CH you will get the opportunity to work alongside a fantastic team with a strong work ethic, and I highly recommend applying this summer.