CH Internship Program
CH Financial Ltd. is passionate about education and keen to support our students and economy by offering a paid internship program to one qualified candidate each summer (July – August). The current opportunity will be on a part-time basis, but this will expand as the program grows.
What we are looking:
- Keen to learn
- Attention to detail
- Client service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Oral and written communications skills
- Dependability and reliability
We are currently accepting applications for 2022 so if this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by filling out the form at the bottom of the page.
As the successful candidate, you can expect the following:
- Scheduled mentor conversations about things like how we build investment portfolios, and how an advisor’s career typically progresses
- Learning how to create and update proprietary client investment statements
- Experience keeping a world-class CRM up-to-date
- Assisting with the process of client onboarding
- A phone call with one of our fund managers and our CIO to deep-dive into one of our core investment holdings
- The ability to sit in and observe a few client meetings
- Attendance to all team meetings including our bi-weekly Team Huddles!
- Assisting with our ongoing project of digitization
- Participation in at least one team-building event
- The opportunity to work with and support a dynamic and fun wealth management team!
Our 2022 Intern
Ashley will be graduating next spring with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in finance from the Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta. He is a part of varsity athletics at the University of Alberta, playing on the Golden Bears Tennis Team, which were the 2021 Canadian University Champions. Additionally, he holds the VP Finance position on the University Athletics Board which seeks to enhance the student-athlete experience, highlighted by a charitable focus and volunteering opportunities. Some of these events include Read-In Weeks at various schools, Edmonton food bank drives, and events with KidSport. Outside of school he enjoys seeing various ensembles perform with the most memorable performance being Chichester Psalms by Leonard Bernstein performed by the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. He is excited to apply his coursework knowledge and experience from the past two internships he has worked into his role as a summer intern at CH Financial.